English Language Fellows "Visit Request Guidelines and Form"
Following are the ELF Visit Request Guidelines. The ELF Visit Request form must be completed and can be downloaded from the ELO webiste at: http://moscow.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/elf_visit_request_guidelines_and_form.pdf
English Language Fellow Visit Request Guidelines
The English Language Office welcomes requests on a year-round basis for an English Language Fellow to visit an institution, teachers. association, or Ministry of Education- related office. For the 2008-9 academic year, there are five Senior English Language Fellows in the Russian Federation: St. Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Rostov-na-Donu, Novosibirsk and Vladivostok.
Senior English Language Fellows are professionals in the field of English Language teaching and have a M.A. or higher degree in TEFL/TESL. They are typically involved in projects that address:
- English Language Teaching Methodology
- Curriculum Development
- Materials Development
- American Studies
- Information Technology for ELT
- Program/Course Design and Evaluation
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP) Program Development
To invite a Fellow, please complete the Visit Request form found at http://moscow.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/elf_visit_request_guidelines_and_form.pdf and send to Elena Lubnina at email@example.com. You can also call (495) 728 50 78 for more information.
Successful visit requests incorporate the following:
- Detailed information on the scope and content of the visit
- Involvement of range of institutions and large number of English teaching professionals
- Connection to the activities of a pre-service or in-service teacher training program and/or to the activities of a teachers' association.
- Description of impact of the visit on the English language teaching community in the area
- Description of one to three days of programming
- Cost-sharing and logistical support
Fellows have annual budgets to enable them to visit various cities during the year. However, the more cost-sharing support they receive, in the form of local transportation, lodging and food costs, the more opportunities they will have to travel. We therefore strongly prefer proposals with some level of cost-sharing from the inviting party or institution. Please note that any event in which the Fellow is involved should have no commercial gain for the host.