Umbrella Newsletter # 50|
Umbrella Newsletter # 50
This issue celebrates the Umbrella Newsletter "gold jubilee" of 50 issues of continuous publications; in fact there were lots of them, unnumbered, before we introduced this “quantitative” approach. Is it worth celebrating? Yes!
In this brief overview of what has been accomplished, I address each of you, as this report reflects your achievements and there is so much to rejoice about!
- The Umbrella newsletters gave birth to the website www.eltrussia.ru and NING elt-russia.ning.com. They are reliable portals where any teacher can get first hand updated professional information and participate in discussions;
- Within just a few years the number of associations in Russia has doubled;
- about 500 teachers regularly attend major conferences and about 20,000 attend local seminars;
- more than 500 teachers have participated in on- line courses;
- about 200 teachers have taken part in exchange programs;
- the results of 8 projects (presented in DVD-ROMs) are in great demand.
The voices of EFL teachers in Russia are heard and taken into account. But the greatest result of your efforts is creation of an ELT community of Russia in which the spirit of shared joy unites teachers.
In this Newsletter we would like to showcase the challenges of new research tracks and future projects in ELT and Technology, as well as success stories and to encourage you to contribute to making the ELT community of Russia stronger and better known in the world.