Massive Online Open Courses Viewing Groups
The English Language Office, in conjunction with the Department of State, is seeking facilitators for a new project involving MOOCs.
Interested facilitators must be an alumna or alumnus of a U.S. government exchange program. Additionally, facilitators must be available to lead weekly viewing sessions, and assist participants in assignments affiliated with the program. Good tech skills are a plus.
Facilitators will receive a certificate of appreciation from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. Participants who attend 80% of the viewing sessions and complete 85% of the assignments will receive a certificate of completion.
This program can easily be incorporated into a facilitator’s teaching practice if the topics are relevant.
1. Select one of the courses below and register.
2. Choose a space at your institution where you can have a viewing session. You’ll need a good internet connection, computer and projector.
3. Select participants. Participants can be students or the general public.
4. Participants must register for the courses on line. They will be expected to complete weekly assignments and participate in online discussion forums.
5. Once a week, host a viewing session, watching the lectures, which will be recorded for asynchronous viewing. After the session, guide a conversation to deepen the participants’ exposure to the material.
6. Keep an attendance record. At the end of the program, the U.S. Embassy in Moscow will prepare certificates for those who complete the course.
College Writing 2.2 start date January 23, 5 weeks
Introduction to Public Speaking start date March 31, 10 weeks
English Composition I: Achieving Expertise start date April 21, 12 weeks
Читайте в разделе "MOOC":