How to Set up an EFL Teachers
You might want to start with checking whether an EFL Teachers Association already exists in your city or not. If an EFL Association already exists in your city, you are welcome to write an e-mail to find more information about this organization.
If you would like to set up a new Association, here are the recommended steps that will help you get started:
- Form an Association Initiative Group, which will be a voice for the local EFL community, it is easier to work if it is comprised of EFL teachers representing various educational establishments including Universities, schools, in-service institutes, NGOs, etc.
- Have a meeting of the Association Initiative Group and go from Idea Formation to Investigation, discuss investigation Results and this will lead you to an approved Initiative Work Plan. When you are ready to present your strategic directions, quality monitoring, and scientific guidance to the EFL Community, hold a meeting.
- If the majority of the teachers present at the meeting vote for setting up an Association, you can register your Association with the National Association of Teachers of English in Russia (NATE Russia) or another organization Affiliate.
To get registered as a NATE Affiliate you will need to mail to NATE headquarters the following documents:
- Protocol # 1 of the EFL Community meeting on the decision to set up an Association and to become a NATE Affiliate
- Protocol # 2 of the EFL Community meeting on the amount of dues that should be paid annually
- An official request letter
- List of members of the Association with their positions and full contact information.
- Plan of work for the academic year
- Collective member dues: 150 RUR - entrance fee and 150 RUR annual dues, minimum 3 leaders should be individual NATE members with 50 RUR annual fee each.
You could get registered legally as an independent entity. Here are the pluses and minuses:
- Legal Entity
- Commercial Activities
- Affiliation with major agencies
- Time-consuming procedure
- Financial reports every 3 months (even if balance is zero)
NATE Contact information:
117192, г. Москва, Ломоносовский проспект, д. 31, корпус 1,
факультет иностранных языков МГУ им.М.В.Ломоносова, к.404, НОПАЯз.